A lot still seems unpredictable, but we can also observe clear tendencies and spot new opportunities. This holds especially true when focusing on international business activities. Partnering with the Qatar Chamber, we would like to launch a platform for discussing these tendencies and opportunities with respect to the State of Qatar.
The State of Qatar has experienced an impressive economic development in the past two decades. It is the world’s largest liquefied natural gas exporter and has in the past, invested its surpluses across various sectors in the economy. Qatar nevertheless aims for the diversification of its income resources and for an increasing contribution of manufacturing to its Gross Domestic Product. According to the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the Qatari economy is set to recover after the Covid-19 pandemic and grow by around 5% in 2021. Oil and especially gas reserves provide a solid foundation for Qatar’s development, which will continue its ambitious growth path. The IMF’s long-term predictions are an indicator of good prospects for companies planning to do business in Qatar in the future. Real estate, petrochemicals and financial services, including Islamic banking, R&D, and IT, offer notable business and investment opportunities, as well as all industries related to the preparation of the FIFA World Cup 20222. Trade between Germany and Qatar has continuously increased during the past decade, reaching a bilateral trade volume of EUR 1,721.9 million in 2019. Currently, profitable business prospects for local, national and international companies emerge within numerous sectors.
• Dr. Peter Ramsauer, Federal Minister (ret.), President of Ghorfa, and Chairman of the German Bundestag’s Committee on Economic Cooperation and Development
• H.E. Sheikh Khalifa Bin Jassim Al Thani, Chairman Qatar Chamber
• H.E. Mohammed bin Jaham Al-Kuwari, Qatari Ambassador to Germany
• Hamad Rashid Al-Naimi, Manager of Investor Relations at Investment Promotion Agency of Qatar (IPAQ)
• Abdullah Al Naimi, Investment Manager at Qatar Science & Technology Park
• Mr. Fahad Al Kuwari, Markets Manager Qatar Free Zone Authority
Statement on “Post Covid19 investment opportunities and challenges in Germany”:
• Prof. Dr. Christian Aders, Senior Managing Director at ValueTrust Financial Advisors
• Olaf Hoffmann, CEO Dorsch Holding and Vice-President of the Ghorfa
The meeting will be held on the platform Zoom.
You will receive a confirmation e-mail with all the necessary login information after your registration. In case of any questions, please contact Ms. Mascha Eckhardt (Email: email@example.com; Phone: +49-30 278907-19).